BIBO (BiB3O6) is a newly developed nonlinear laser crystal, high quality Chinese BIBO nonlinear crystal has a large effective nonlinear coefficient, high damage threshold and inertness with respect to moisture. Its nonlinear coefficient is 3-4 times higher than LBO crystal, 1-2 times higher than BBO crystal. It is one of a promising doubling crystal to produce the blue laser. BIBO crystal is relatively more expensive compared to other Borate-family crystals BBO and LBO.
BIBO crystal could be coated with single-band, dual-band or broad-band AR coatings. Typical coating wavelengths are AR 800-400nm, AR 1064-532nm, AR 1550-775nm, AR 1850-925nm and BBAR coating centered at 700nm. The susceptibility to the moisture of high quality Chinese BIBO nonlinear crystal is very low. However, users are advised to provide dry conditions for both use and storage of BiBO to prolong the lifetime. Please be noted water condensation on crystal surfaces should be absolutely avoided at any time. Honour Optics is the professional low-cost BIBO nonlinear crystal manufacturer, wholesale BIBO nonlinear crystal at factory price. Welcome everyone to purchasing BIBO nonlinear crystal.
Broad transparency range from 286nm to 2500nm
High optical homogeneity and being free of an inclusion
Large effective SHG coefficient (about 9 times of KDP)
High laser damage threshold
Inertness with respect to moisture
|Crystal Structure||Monoclinic, point group 2|
|lattice Parameters||a = 7.116 Ä, b = 4.993Ä, c = 6.508Ä, Z = 105.62°|
|Melting Point (congruent)||726°C|
|Specific Heat||0.5 J/g-K at 330 K|
|Hardness||5 – 5.5 Mohs|
|Thermal Expansion Coefficients||//a, 4.8 x 10-5/K , //b, 4.4 x 10-6/K, //c, -2.69 x 10-5/K|
|Transparency Range||286-2500 nm|
|at 1079.5 nm||n1 = 1.9166, n2 = 1.7569, n3 = 1.7835|
|at 539.75 nm||n1 = 1.9260, n2 = 1.7874, n3 = 1.8190|
|Optical homogeneity||~ 10-6/cm|
|NLO coefficients (pm/V)||d11 = 2.53, d12 = d14 = 2.3, d13 = -1.3,|
|d25 = d36 = 2.4, d26 = 2.8, d35 = -0.9|
|Sellmeier Equations||ni2(l) = A + B/(l2-C) )- Dl2|
· Dimension tolerance: (W±0.05mm)x(H±0.05mm)x(L+/-0.1mm)
· Clear aperture: central 90% of the diameter
· Flatness: less than λ/10 @ 633nm
· Transmitting wavefront distortion: less than λ/10 @ 633nm
· Chamfer: ≤0.2mmx45°
· Chip: ≤0.1mm
· Scratch/Dig code: better than 10/ 5 to MIL-PRF-13830B
· Parallelism: better than 20 arc seconds
· Perpendicularity: ≤5 arc minutes
· Angle tolerance: Δθ≤0.25°, ΔΦ≤0.25°
· Damage threshold(GW/cm2): >0.3 for 1064nm, TEM00, 10ns, 10HZ
|SHG and THG for middle and high power1064 nm Nd: lasers|
|SHG and THG for high power Nd: lasers at 1342 &1319 nm for red and blue laser|
|Over 2.8 W CW blue laser at 473 nm was obtained from frequency doubling of 4.6 W CW Nd: YAG at 946 nm with BiBO|
|Optical Parametric Amplifiers (OPA) and Oscillators (OPO)|
|Output Power(W)||Conversion Efficiency|
Honour Optics can provide perfect polishing surface and do the coating according to customer's requirement.
|Aperture:||2x2 ~ 25x25mm|
|Lenght:||0.1 - 20mm|
|Cutting Angle q and f:||Determined by different kinds of harmonic generation|
|Phase matching type:||Type I or Type II|
|End Configuration:||Plano/Plano or Brewster/Brewster or Specified|
|3x3x5mm||SHG or THG||AR coating||I|
|3x3x7mm||SHG or THG||AR coating||I|
|3x3x10mm||SHG or THG||AR coating||I|
|4x4x10mm||SHG or THG||AR-coating||I|
Dust and stains on crystal surfaces can cause scattering/loss of light and can even react with light to damage optical surfaces at a high incident laser power. You can inspect the crystal surface for dust and stains by holding it near a bright visible-light source. Viewing at different angles helps to see scattering from dust and stains. The crystal surface has to be cleaned if dust and stains are found.
We suggest following cleaning procedures in a clean, low-dust environment while wearing powder-free gloves or ﬁnger cots.
1. Blowing off the crystal surface. A canister of compressed N2/clean air or a blower bulb should be first used to blow off dust and other loose contaminants. If a dry nitrogen line is available in the lab, an air gun can also be used to blow away dust particles.
2. Drop and Drag Method. Hold the crystal so that the crystal surface is horizontal and slightly above your fingers. Take a fresh, clean sheet of lens tissue and place it on the crystal. Make sure the lens tissue can be drawn across the crystal surface. Next place a small drop of pure isopropyl alcohol on the lens tissue on top of the crystal surface. The weight of the solvent will cause the lens tissue to come into contact with the crystal surface. Slowly but steadily drag the damp lens tissue across the crystal surface being careful not to lift the lens tissue off of the surface. Continue dragging the lens tissue until it is off of the surface.
The amount of the solvent can be adjusted for various crystal size so the lens tissue is kept damp for the entire drag but there is not any visible trace of solvent on the crystal surface after the drag is finished. Inspect the surface and repeat if necessary, but only use each sheet of lens tissue once. If the crystal surface looks still dirty after the above cleaning procedures, the surfaces might have been damaged. Please contact us for rework of the crystals.
Honour Optics is the professional low-cost BIBO nonlinear crystal manufacturer, wholesale BIBO nonlinear crystal at factory price. Welcome everyone to purchasing BIBO nonlinear crystal.